May federal facilities be used to convey water for purposes of marijuana production?


1.Federal law and policy prohibit the use of federally owned facilities for the production of marijuana, including the delivery of water.

2.The Truckee-Carson Irrigation District is a contractor to the United States Bureau of Reclamation; and, as such, the District, must conform with all applicable federal law and policy.

3.The District will not provide water delivery, through federally owned facilities within the Newlands Federal Reclamation for the production of marijuana; and,

4.Further inquiry relating to the issue may be directed to the Office of Public Affairs for the United States Bureau of Reclamation in Sacramento at (916) 978-5100.